Call for Tutorial Proposals
Tutorials Chairs: Michael Bronstein and Laura Leal-Taixe
Proposal Deadline: February 19, 2018
Notification by: March 31, 2018
Tutorial dates: Saturday 8th, Sunday 9th, Friday 14th.
Location: Technical University of Munich, Germany.
We would like to solicit proposals for tutorials to be held in conjunction with the European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV 2018) in Munich. ECCV tutorials aim to provide a comprehensive overview of specific topics in computer vision. The topic should be of sufficient relevance with respect to the state-of-the-art and the course should be educational rather than a cursory survey of techniques. The audience for ECCV tutorials consists of graduate students in computer vision as well as practitioners from different fields. Although most courses are half-day offerings (3-4 hours), we also invite proposals for full-day courses (5-7 hours) provided that the topic merits the additional time and can be anticipated to generate sufficient interest from our community.
Proposals should be submitted by email to the Chairs firstname.lastname@example.org either in plain-text or PDF format by February 14th 2018. The tutorial description must not exceed 3 A4 pages (all inclusive). Please include the following information:
- Short course/tutorial title
- Proposers’ names, titles, affiliations and primary contact email
- Short bio for each organizer, including pointers to relevant publications
- Preference for half- or full-day event and indicative breakdown of day
- Course description that includes topics that will be covered, along with a brief outline
- Anticipated target audience (introductory, intermediate, advanced) as well as expected number of attendees
- Description of how this proposal relates to previous tutorials/short courses appearing at CVPR /ICCV /ECCV conferences in the previous three years
- Planned materials (if any) to be distributed to attendees
Based on the quality of the presented tutorials, a selection of tutorial presenters will be invited to submit extended tutorial materials for publication in Foundations & Trends in Computer Graphics and Vision (electronic issue only).
Advertisement, budget & registration: Tutorial organizers are responsible of the scientific organization and advertising of the event and the definition of the Tutorial program. ECCV local arrangements will provide and pay for rooms, two coffee breaks per day and A/V equipment. All other activities with budget implications are the responsibility of tutorial organizers (e.g., meals, extra breaks, social functions, travel grants). Tutorial registration will follow the passport system: ECCV attendees will register for tutorials through the ECCV conference registration form.
For any questions, please contact the tutorial chairs, Michael Bronstein and Laura Leal-Taixé, via email@example.com